Welcome - About Live and Loud!
Live and Loud! began as a fortnightly internet radio show taking old unreleased live concert recordings I could find and working to repair and improve them - fixing tape hiss, noise, tape drop out, clicks, speed variations, defects - before improving the sound quality by EQing the sound to bring out the instruments as clearly as possible. These are now made directly available to download for free to reach as many fans of the music as possible.
Almost all are either "soundboard" recordings taken directly from the mixing desk used at the gig on the night - or old FM radio recordings. A few gigs, if they are of special historical importance, make an appearance even if they were recorded from the audience.
Do your ears a favour and listen on headphones or good speakers to get most benefit - laptop speakers will always sound pretty poor by comparison.
All shows still available are listed, including a link to download the remastered show for free. If you want the shows in lossless format, or as separate tagged files, head over to the Rewards for Donations page and see how you can get a lot for very little!
And finally... These are great fun to listen to but DO NOT replace original releases - support these artists and buy their music. There is nothing you can go and buy in a regular record store here. If a gig is made available as a regular release, then it will be removed (as a couple have been already).
Firstly - there are NO viruses in my files. The download link is generated by an online advertising company, which generates pop up ads for 5 seconds before letting you skip the ads and download the show file. Some of them can show up as positive in virus checking/malware detecting software - but follow the steps below and don't click on anything else, and you should be fine.
Please note, if you're using the internet through a VPN, this may stop the ad service redirecting you to my file link. If this is the case, disconnect the VPN and try again.
1. Click on the "HERE" link on the show page - it takes you to another site (these names vary) - these are the sites generating the pop up ad.
2. If you have a pop up blocker like I do, you will need to unblock ads for that page. You may also then need to close the page and click on "HERE" again to reactivate that page.
3. Ignore the pop up ad and any messages from your virus checker - just look for a box on the upper right counting 5 seconds. It will then say "skip this ad" when it finishes counting.
4. Click on "skip this ad". The show will then either automatically download or provide you with a download dialogue box asking where you want to save it (this will vary depending on your own set up).
5. Any pop ups that appeared in the background, just close them.
Now 5 years old, this site costs money and needs to cover itself - the file hosting which makes sure the show files don't expire like on most sites, costs money, the domain names cost money, etc - as I can't work at the moment and don't claim benefits. Clicking on a link and generating an ad earns me something like a hundredth of a cent. Over 2 years that should at least pay for the domain name renewals if nothing else.
All people donating to the site get straight links to the files they've asked for which allow them to easily download the show as separate tagged files in the format of their choice, all for a donation starting at less than the price of a coffee! If you really can't download the shows any other way, please consider a donation - even the minimum of one UKP helps a lot. Check the Donations tab for details.